Monday, October 15, 2007

Start of study week and I'm already a wreck

Final year exams are just round the corner, and as all working moms will agree, this is the most nerve wrecking period of the year. Not for the kids but for us. Just trying to juggle between my work and ensuring that I spend sufficient quality time with my daughter prepping her for her exams is enough to give me permanent frown lines on my forehead.

Perhaps I'm being too 'kancheong' about the whole matter... afterall, she's only in Primary 1. But I can't help myself. As it is, I think I'm being rather blaise about the whole thing as compared to some of the moms I know.

I count myself pretty lucky though that my girl is independant enough to revise her work on her own. She loves going for her Kumon classes, well... that's what she tells me at least. And she's a bookworm just like her mommy. So that has to count for something right?

Anyway, as I went about my usual goodbye ritual of ruffling her curls and planting a kiss on her forehead before heading out the door, I looked around her room, and spotted the stack of books and worksheets that were to be her workload for the day. Something that we agreed on the night before. I couldn't help myself and gave out a big sigh, which kinda jostled Miss Sleepyhead out of dreamland for a bit.

Feeling bad about the amount of work that she'd have to do today, I whispered in her ear, reminding her to try to do as much as possible before I get back, and to take it one worksheet at a time.

Made a mental note then to leave on time today.

No comments:

Mos-burgerlicious

Mos-burgerlicious
Eeky sticky fingers covered with ketchup. Tish trying out Mos Burger's yummy fries for the first time.