Thursday, October 11, 2007

I've done it...

I've been wanting to start a blog for a while now. Hesitations aplenty, I kept thinking about the idea of people, no... more like strangers, peeping into my private life and I can't help but wonder whether this is like modern day voyeurism. I've kept journals before but they were my inner sanctum, you know... part of my world that I want to keep private and not as exposed as this to the whole world to know.

Would I be comfortable writing online and having people think that this lady's a little cuckoo, or simpleminded or just plain foolish. Furthermore, would I have the time to keep posting? When I asked my husband about it, his first question was whether I had enough topics to keep the interest going... so that I could 'entertain' those who chanced upon this little corner of my world. Well, after giving him a semi-dirty look, he retracted his words and said that I would be great as a blogger coz I've got so many opinions. Hmmm... still not sure whether that was a genuine compliment or a nice way to say that I'm opinionated.

Then one fine day, as I was looking very busy at my office desk supposedly working but actually MSNing a friend, who I got re-acquainted with recently, she told me that "blogging is easy, if I can do it... anyone can".

First thoughts were "yah right...". But when I went on to Blogger and tried pottering around with it, and before I realised it I had designed my own page. Haha...

So here I am, at 12:30am, typing away at the computer when I should be getting some shut eye, creating my first entry. I am now officially a blogger.

Thanks Deb... for giving that lil push to get me started.

1 comment:

SIG said...

Congratulations babe! You did it all by yourself! I told you it was easy peasy. You will get the hang of it and find that you will come up with more things to blog about. Have fun. :)

Mos-burgerlicious

Mos-burgerlicious
Eeky sticky fingers covered with ketchup. Tish trying out Mos Burger's yummy fries for the first time.